Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] "crt2.o: No such file" when compiling gcc

From: Josh Faust
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] "crt2.o: No such file" when compiling gcc
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:08:45 -0700

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 2:20 AM, M. Gerhardy <address@hidden> wrote:
> /usr/bin/ld: crt2.o: No such file: No such file or directory

It looks like you are trying to link 64bit libs with 32bit tools or
vice versa. to be sure, go into gcc.mk and add a linux32 in front of
the gcc calls.

As far as I can tell there are no calls to gcc in gcc.mk?

I've tried adding:

--host=x86_64-linux-gnu \
--build=x86_64-linux-gnu

to the configure line, with the same result.  I don't have a 32-bit gcc installed on my system -- could this be the problem?  I wouldn't expect to have to use a 32-bit gcc to build a cross-compiler.

(Not sure what a proper fix would be, but the error is
most likely on your side)

This is likely true, but I've just been following the instructions on the website -- could something in my environment be messing this up?

Josh