Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] "crt2.o: No such file" when compiling gcc

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] "crt2.o: No such file" when compiling gcc
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 11:46:21 +0200

Josh Faust <address@hidden> schrieb:
> > Yes, I have g++-multilib and all the other requirements installed.  I just
> > did an apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade, so I should have the latest of
> > everything, with the same result.  I'm wondering now if ccache or distcc may
> > be interfering, so I'm trying a build without them.
> >
> Turns out something in my environment was causing the problem.  Unsetting
> LIBRARY_PATH, CPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH (which only included
> $HOME/(include/lib)) got gcc building -- now on to everything else.
>
> What are the ramifications of adding those to the environment variables
> unset by the Makefile?

This is a very good question. On the one hand, on certain systems those
environment variables could be necessary for the native GCC to work. On
the other hand, LIBRARY_PATH and CPATH will always cause trouble with
the cross GCC.

So I added CPATH, LIBRARY_PATH and similar variables to the blacklist:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/df9522d79d42

However, I did _not_ add LD_LIBRARY_PATH, because that shouldn't cause
any trouble.

Please check whether that works for you; in particular, whether it works
for you without having to unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Greets,
Volker

--
Volker Grabsch