Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] g++ 4.5.2 is pulling system headers from the

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] g++ 4.5.2 is pulling system headers from the wrong place
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:59:15 +0100

Hi René,

Just wanted to mention that you should probably be using the
development version of mingw-cross-env from mercurial for this. It
has .pc files for Qt and dbus (which I think you need).  Are you
using "i686-pc-mingw32-pkg-config"?
I'm already using the latest changes from the Hg repository.  Yes, I
already have built the latest dbus (and libevent) which adds its (their)
.pc files and the Qt project uses the correct pkg-config with the
correct path.

Just to avoid misunderstanding, dbus and QtDbus are already in mingw-cross-env development version. A simple "make qt" will build it. In fact, the dbus configuration is based on what might be your work [1] :).

Also the .pc files I referred to are those that belong to Qt itself. These are for people not using qmake.

I found the root of my problem, the project's .pro file had a generic
addition (i.e. somebody put an INCLUDEPATH) which added the
/usr/include.  The other problem, g++ 4.5.2 searching the headers in
different order, I haven't researched.

Interesting.

Mark

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/wordpress/trqtw/transmission-qt-for-windows/building-transmission-qt/mingw-cross-compiling-environment/