Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Issues linking with static openal and SDL

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Issues linking with static openal and SDL
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 13:02:35 +0100

Hello Tony,

Tony Theodore schrieb:
> Okay, I added it to the patch file and it works on Debian Lenny and
> OSX. Is it worth checking in? It only seems to affect older versions
> of cmake.

If I understand you correctly, this isn't worth checking in.

It doesn't have to work on Debian/Lenny as long as it works
on Debian/Squeeze.

Regarding OSX, will an upgrade of the macports would help
here, wouldn't it? So we don't need the patch here, either.

Since for the MacPorts it is especially important to update
the package list regularily, I added the corresponding commands
to the docs:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/b06b8b782437

Please check whether those are correct and whether these
three commands could be simplified.

In addition, we have to mention the minimum required version
of CMake in the docs. Version 2.6.0 as of Debian/Lenny is
obviously too old. Version 2.8.2 as of Debian/Squeeze seems
to be recent enough. So I noted that version:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/f08eaa04a42a

Please correct this number if you know an older version
of CMake that already works.

Greets,
Volker

--