Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] New package proposal: libircclient

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] New package proposal: libircclient
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 20:33:22 +1100

On 11 March 2011 12:59, Lothar May <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please find enclosed the proposed new package libircclient.
> Since "make install" is broken, I install the required files by hand
> (the same files as with libircclient 1.3 on Ubuntu/Debian are
> installed, in the same structure, and they are sufficient for
> developing).
> The Makefile is also broken, a patch is included.

That seems reasonable, though I wonder if it's also worth fixing the
install target if you're patching Makefile.in anyway.

> IPv6 support suffers
> from a buffer overflow issue and works only partly, is therefore also
> disabled.

I'm not sure this is actually disabled, the only place config.h is
used is in portable.c, and then only for non-win32 builds.

> I can use the resulting lib for PokerTH, so in my case it works fine.
>
> I'm unsure about the define $(PKG)_UPDATE-part (was copied from
> another package).

This looks okay and returns the right result.

> I'm also unsure about the "rcu" options to ar, they were also copied
> because it did not work without them.

You could get by with just "cr", but a better option is to pass

--host='$(TARGET)'

to configure. That way you can simply call make without CC/AR etc.

> One question remains: The example program, if build in strict ANSI
> mode, requires -DWIN32 because libircclient considers WIN32 instead of
> _WIN32. Should I create a patch for libircclient and remove this
> define?

I'd say so, it's a fairly simple patch (you should also remove the U__*).

Cheers,

Tony