Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] ORBit2: make skipping over subdirectory resul

From: Ryan Laboucane
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] ORBit2: make skipping over subdirectory resulting in build fail
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:03:07 +0900

Please forgive the double post. Apparently it didn't occur to me that I
should have included my makefiles and patches with the logs, and that
HTML posts are a bad idea... even after a few cups of coffee...

I'm attempting to build ORBit2 under mingw-cross-env, and I'm getting an
error that's kind of puzzling me.

During build, make enters the subdirectory 'src/idl-compiler', then
quickly outputs:
make[5]: nothing to be done for `all'.

That doesn't seem to be the only directory this occurs in either...

Later, when it tries to build the orb-core component, it complains:

*** No rule to make target `../../../src/idl-compiler/orbit-idl-2.exe',
needed by `orbit-interface.h'.  Stop.

Build then terminates.

ORBit2 builds the idl-compiler fine when not cross-compiling. I'm a
self-admitted automake noob, sio I figured I'd ask the experts...

Why would this occur?