Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gprolog

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gprolog
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 00:22:41 +1000

Hi Alois,

On 14 June 2011 18:22, Alois Schlögl <address@hidden> wrote:
> Attached are the mk-files for building gprolog. Two versions, v1.3.1
> (stable) and v1.4.0 (development), are included because I do know which one
> is prefered in mce.
>
> The built process is broken, the make process seems to require to run some
> *.exe (and asks for wine).
>
> I  hope someone else can help with the remaining issue(s).

This looks like it will be quite tricky - it seems to be a two step
bootstrap where it first builds a config tool then a compiler to
produce the final output. It also does cpu detection, which isn't
ideal for cross-compiling. On the surface it seems like you'd have to
build the initial parts natively and then "trick" the build system
into using those.

It also looks like the final output is more like an executable than a
library. Are you using this in another project or simply trying to
cross-build it to use standalone?

Cheers,

Tony