Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Broken Links

From: Daniel Stonier
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Broken Links
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 00:07:34 +0900

Apologies for reviving an old thread...see below

On 8 June 2011 15:46, Daniel Stonier <address@hidden> wrote:

On 8 June 2011 09:24, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
Daniel Stonier schrieb:
> I'd personally be quite comfortable with an emerge/apt-get style solution
> which would redownload the latest list of links for the version of
>  mingw_cross you have installed (aka apt-get update or emerge --sync).

Does such a mechanism have any advantage over a simple "hg pull -u"?

(assuming that the repository has been cloned via "hg clone -b stable ...")

Absolutely no problems with a hg pull here :)

Any chance stable branch could be populated with recent broken link updates? In particular, I've run into trouble with both binutils and libpng. Copying over binutils.mk, libpng.mk and libpng-test.c from tip worked fine.

It might also be good to have this documented on the web site in the relevant download or dev version sections.

Cheers,
Daniel.