Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] New Package: qwtplot3d

From: Gareth Coco
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] New Package: qwtplot3d
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 22:22:18 -0400

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 1:48 AM, Mark Brand <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Gareth,

> The .mk file doesn't seem to install any headers.
Oops. It didn't. It now does.

> I wonder if it would be better to start with version 0.3.0. It's not
> mentioned in the site's news, but is available for download.

There has been no 0.3.0 released. It refers to the current head of the SVN tree.

The website says 0.3.0 but the release on Sourceforge is 0.2.7.

> At line 18 in the .pro file I see this:
>
> # Comment the next line, if you have zlib on your windows system
> win32:CONFIG -= zlib
> Since mingw-cross-env supplies zlib, shouldn't you comment that out?

I'm a learning. Have commented this out and called -lz at the bottom
of the code instead of zlib.lib

> I think it would be better to use patches instead of sed operations, so it's
> easier to see which changes still fit when upgrading to the next version.

Was having lots of issues with patches. Have tried to include a patch this time.

> One last nitpick: Your including of cstdio looks like a mingw compatibility
> issue. That should be done with #ifdef/#endif and the patch should be
> submitted upstream.

Actually it will fail to build on Linux without this patch either.
Upstream in the current trunk now have this in the code base.

I have added a change to another file (thanks for your help on this)
which only just appeared due changes in the way Qt 4.8rc1 builds.

I have a question - the tarball when downloaded and extract seems to
be with dos file endings. Is this an issue?

.mk and patch file attached.
Gareth