Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Variable JOBS

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Variable JOBS
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 05:04:38 +1000

On 03/05/2012, at 12:31 AM, Moritz Bunkus wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I don't want to put something as generic as JOBS into my environment.
> I also don't really want to pollute each and every shell's environment
> with mxe-specific stuff (I also overwrite the download mirror).
>
> Reading a local Makefile (e.g. "Makefile.local") if it exists would
> actually allow us to do more than just specifying the amount of jobs
> to build in parallel. For example, I'd like to define a target that
> depends on the packages I usually build for my application so that I
> don't have to look up that list every time I clean mxe.

Hi Moritz,

Could you elaborate a little on what sort of local changes you'd put in
"Makefile.local"? The two cases above could be handled with simple shell script
kept outside of the mxe directory:

make -C /path/to/mxe pkg1 pkg2 pkg3 SOURCEFORGE_MIRROR=.... JOBS=x -jx

You can overwrite most of the variables in the command line invocation, the
handiest one I've found recently is:

make update PKGS='pkg1 pkg2 pkg3'

As an aside, I'm fairly sure "downloads.sourceforge.net" redirects to the
nearest mirror, but it needs the $(PKG)_URL to be in a certain format.

Cheers,

Tony