Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Problems with the guile package

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Problems with the guile package
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 01:18:54 +1100

On 11/02/2013, at 3:12 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

In building Denemo on mxe I have run in to some problems with the guile
build.
The first has been solved (thanks to the guile-user mailing list): the
guile.mk generates static libraries for the srfi modules but the scripts
it generates expect them to be shared objects. Two lines need patching
for them to be used.

Could you send through details of these patches? Sounds like something we should include.

A third (minor?) point is that the test-guile.exe fails to execute
out-of-the-box, it would seem to require GUILE_LOAD_PATH to be set in
the environment. I tried to set this by hand without success, but we
have some code inside Denemo for setting it at run time. Perhaps this
should be incorporated into test-guile.c ?

I've updated the test program and checked that it executes correctly:

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/c2b04c01758ab3e838cf0e16df192f7f377bc971

Cheers,

Tony