Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Problems with the guile package

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Problems with the guile package
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 15:45:41 +0000

On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 01:18 +1100, Tony Theodore wrote:

> On 11/02/2013, at 3:12 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > In building Denemo on mxe I have run in to some problems with the
> > guile
> > build.
> > The first has been solved (thanks to the guile-user mailing list):
> > the
> > guile.mk generates static libraries for the srfi modules but the
> > scripts
> > it generates expect them to be shared objects. Two lines need
> > patching
> > for them to be used.
>

> Could you send through details of these patches? Sounds like something
> we should include.

Unfortunately because we didn't get this line of approach finished I
didn't end up with actual patch files just hand-altered tarballs. I've
just been looking back at the thread which gave rise to all the fixes
"Re: statically linking in srfi modules" on guile-user-request at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/

and it ends with the comment that from the developers that

>this is mostly not an issue in Guile 2

so perhaps it will be better to work on a static libguile v 2.x rather
than get the 1.8 working.

Richard