Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] nsis 2.46 build fails (util.h patch)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] nsis 2.46 build fails (util.h patch)
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 20:16:30 +1000

Welcome Peter,

On 23/05/2013, at 6:41 PM, Guhl Peter <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am very new to MinGW crosscompiling. What I have to do is to make it
> work on SLAX 7 (www.slax.org) to integrate it into our development
> package which needs to build software parts for Windows.
>
> The current problem: nsis build fails with the error described in
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=From_noreply%40
> sourceforge.net_Fri_Nov_09_23%3A44%3A29_2012&forum_name=nsis-bugs

> Since I am new at MXE I don't know how I can apply the patch named there
> manually. Adding it to .../tmp-nsis/... it gets overwritten by the next
> start of the Makefile. But I see there are patches (well, one) for nsis
> in .../mxe/src so I guess it should be possible to add another one.
> Could you give me a hint (or a slightly more detailed version of RTFM
> ;-) ?

The quick way to add a patch is simply place it in the src/ directory with a
name like nsis-2-fix-header.patch. There is a more sophisticated style that
involves a single patch file with a series of commits created by `git format
patch`.

> It might make sense to integrate this patch into the MXE source too; the
> bugfix on sourceforge isn't that new but it seems like it did not yet
> make it into the nsis stable tree.

That patch is already in the master branch of mxe, I'd recommend you switch to
that as it's very much more up-to-date. The patch in master is an example of
the git-style patch and should apply to stable as nsis hasn't done a release
for a long time.

Cheers,

Tony