Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Static GStreamer plugins aren't loaded

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Static GStreamer plugins aren't loaded
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2013 12:44:57 +0200

On Saturday 01 June 2013 19:23:27 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> I can't figure out how to link against a static GStreamer.  If I just do:
>
>    PKGCONFIG += gstreamer-0.10
>
> in my qmake project file, no plugins are loaded and thus no media can be
> played at all.  I've also tried to add all *.pc basenames (like
> gstreamer-base-0.10, gstreamer-audio-0.10, etc.), but still no joy.
>
> Any hints on how this is supposed to work?

Hi Nikos,

I don't know of any successful uses of gstreamer  plugins in MXE. I assume
extra tricks are needed for linking to static plugins, but I don't know the
details. Maybe somebody else can help here.

There are probably other examples of things that MXE builds that might not be
useful in static form, such as qtactiveqt.

Mark