Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt5 Shared / Travis-CI

From: Jonathan Greig
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt5 Shared / Travis-CI
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 23:53:13 -0600

Wow, that sucks. Have you considered deploying the binaries to a separate github repo and whenever a package depends on it, just wget it instead of building it? The way I'm using Travis-CI is when it successfully builds, it pushes to a separate repo. Look at our Travis setup here: https://github.com/Embroidermodder/Embroidermodder/

On Mar 6, 2014 10:46 PM, "Timothy Gu" <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 6:51 PM, Jonathan Greig <address@hidden> wrote:

> 1) I'm wanting to setup a cross-compiler targeting 32-bit Windows from a
> Travis-CI 64-bit Linux environment. If I can reliably do this on my home
> machine, getting it to work in Travis-CI should be fairly easy. Since MXE is
> on GitHub, why isn't MXE isn't using Travis-CI?

Because we cannot decide which packages to test compiling. See https://github.com/mxe/mxe/pull/271

Travis has a hard 45 minute time limit, and it is not possible to cache the built binaries to be used on the next build.

[...]

Timothy