Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt5 Shared / Travis-CI

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt5 Shared / Travis-CI
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 04:25:34 +1100

On 8 Mar 2014, at 04:04, Jonathan Greig <address@hidden> wrote:

> Tony, I saw your message and since you were at least able to get it running,
> can you tell me what DLL's you used? I built both x86_64 and i686 w64 targets
> and am now testing the i686 one. I just did a check through and updated our
> previous notes on deployment dependencies to reflect what DLL's are needed on
> a native windows build and which ones are needed on an MXE build and it seems
> that 4 DLL's that I think should be in MXE just do not exist. I keep getting
> the cannot find Qt platform plugin message rather than it starting.

I moved the embroidermodder2.exe to the $(TARGET)/bin directory and ran a batch
file with the following contents (modified from test-qt5.bat):

set PATH=..\lib;..\qt5\bin;..\qt5\lib;%PATH%
set QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH=..\qt5\plugins
embroidermodder2.exe

I recall reading that there is a default search path for the platform plugin
directory that is relative to the executable, but can find the reference.

This is personal preference, but I would really recommend you get the static
builds working - shared builds are a world of pain and should be avoided unless
there is some deep technical reason to use them.

Cheers,

Tony