Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE is building for Linux?

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE is building for Linux?
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 10:52:07 +1100

Hi Gerardo,

> On 12 Dec 2015, at 09:32, Gerardo Ballabio <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> With my surprise, it started building for target "i686-pc-linux-gnu" instead
> of "i686-w64-mingw32.static" as it had always done before,

We recently reorganised the toolchain[1] so that native components (mostly
`gcc` libs) are only built once instead of being built for every target.
`cmake` was also added to ensure a consistent version we can investigate and
patch.

> and ended with a failure in building lua, which I didn't ask to build and
> isn't a dependency of gcc as far as I can see.

Native `lua` is only required when using the new `luarocks` plugin and I’ve
moved it to the plugins directory[2] so that it’s built when requested.

> See the attached build log.

Could you post the full `/home/io/misc/mxe/github/log/lua_i686-pc-linux-gnu`
log? I haven’t seen any issues with native builds of it so far.

> Has the building procedure changed (the web page still says to just run
> "make")?

That will always be the procedure for a default build. We’ve got new targets
like `i686-w64-mingw32.static.posix` but the current ones will also continue to
work.

Cheers,

Tony

[1] https://github.com/mxe/mxe/pull/925