Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Congrats - short question.

From: Jos De Laender
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Congrats - short question.
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 09:23:35 +0100

Op 30/01/2016 om 9:14 schreef Nagaev Boris:
On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 11:06 AM, Jos De Laender <address@hidden> wrote:
Team,

I really first want to take the time to congratulate you on where you
brought this project !
I am able to compile a non trivial project of mine (qt , graphicsmagick in
16 bit configured , a dozen of other libraries) from my Linux box.
It works with static builds , shared builds and without any tweak (other
than the graphicsmagick) from my side.
*impressed*

Having said that I do encounter a problem but one that is next to sure
related to the package (exiv2) itself.
I wanted to check that assumption by reverting to a known good version of
that package.

However there I got stuck in not knowing your mxe environment. I thought I
could go to src/exiv2.mk and change the version of the package.
But apparently it fails at least on the CRC check (apparently another CRC
than the published on the site).
Anyhow, can someone provide step-by-step lay man instructions as how I can
replace to a previous version of that library ?

Many thanks.

Hello,

MXE uses sha256 to check integrity of tarballs. After changing a
version in exiv2.mk file, you should run the following command:

$ make update-checksum-exiv2

It downloads a tarball for the version specified in exiv2.mk and
updates the checksum.

Thanks Boris, that makes a lot of sense.
And if there would be a problem with the package indeed, I'll share it here for info.

--
Jos De Laender

http://www.jodela.be
https://www.de-laender.be:9961