Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] where is BUILD_STATIC defined

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] where is BUILD_STATIC defined
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 22:38:31 +1100

> On 16 Mar 2016, at 17:59, Hansni Liu <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I'm building a DLL with cross MinGW to be used by a program built with MSVC.
> I want the DLL to depend as little as possible on other DLLs, such as intl,
> libgcc. It seems that I cannot build the DLL with static libintl in the
> static toolchain.

That sounds similar to this scenario:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2015-03/msg00006.html

with a reported solution later in the thread:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2015-03/msg00020.html

> BTW: are you going to port the ldd tool to check the dependency of DLLs?

Not exactly, but there’s a `tools/copydlldeps.sh` script that might do what you
want. There are some open issues and pull requests that will provide more
background.

Cheers,

Tony