Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Thanks!

From: Nagaev Boris
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Thanks!
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 22:12:01 +0000

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 8:23 PM, Boudewijn Rempt <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just needed to say: thanks! I managed, in one saturday afternoon
> and one monday evening to build Krita, which is a complex application with a
> host of dependencies on Linux, for Windows.
>
> Without MXE I would _never_ have managed that.
>
> Here's my story:
>
> http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi/hacking/krita/mxe_krita.html
>
> I still have work to do, for some reason the gsl in MXE doesn't build
> for me, and building it manually doesn't work either, and I've got some
> more libraries to figure out of which OpenColorIO and Vc are the most
> important, but it built! And it ran!
>
> (I might also run into more complications later on, not sure whether
> the wintab code in Krita built correctly, but anyway...)
>
> So, thanks!
>
> --
> Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org

Hi,

thank you for sharing this!

You ended the story with the words:

> What's left to do? Build the remaining dependencies, add translations, create
> a packaging script (where's windeployqt?), and test.

Can you add Krita as a package to MXE/plugins/apps?

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/tree/master/plugins/apps

We have some applications in the plugin. For example, keepassx can be
built with the following command:

$ make keepassx MXE_PLUGIN_DIRS=plugins/apps

--

Best regards,
Boris Nagaev