Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] cross GDB

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] cross GDB
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 20:54:53 +1000

On 23 Mar 2016, at 17:12, Hansni Liu <address@hidden> wrote:

My GDB was configured as "--host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32.static".
Yes, x86_64 GDB can handle both 64-bit and 32-bit code.

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 1:17 AM, Hansni Liu <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> When we are building cross toolchain for embedded system, we usually build
> the cross GDB. Most software developers are more familiar with GDB, I think.
> We can run GDB server on Windows or Wine, then connect with the cross GDB.
> Maybe, it depends on the developer. I build the cross GDB myself.

I forgot about remote gdb.Target code (PE32) is executed on remote
machine, so it will be a good option to have native cross-gdb tool. It
can be built as a native version of package "gdb".

I am not familiar with building gdb and using remote gdb. Does remote
gdb have a target? I mean, can we compile one tool which can run
remotely both x86 and x86_64 code?

Very interesting, this would be a worthwhile addition - I’ve added an issue for it:

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/issues/1296

Cheers,

Tony