mit-scheme-users

[MIT-Scheme-users] imail utf-8 Characters

From: David Gray
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-users] imail utf-8 Characters
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 09:46:42 +0300

I get occasional email in Greek and imail makes a real hash of displaying this.
I expected this
after following the discussion on utf-8 sequences before. My question is is
there a way to save
this to read in another editor? If I forward the message it can be read OK, but
not if saved. Does
the forward just bypass edwin altogether using the message on the server and
that’s why it works?
I experimented a little and my hope is that the Greek characters are just
passed through like roughage
and I can reconstruct the correct character later:
#\U039B
#| #\U+039b |#

#\U0A2
#| #\¢ |#