mit-scheme-users

Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] imail utf-8 Characters

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] imail utf-8 Characters
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 14:47:39 +0000

   Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 09:46:42 +0300
   From: David Gray <address@hidden>

   I get occasional email in Greek and imail makes a real hash of
   displaying this. I expected this after following the discussion on
   utf-8 sequences before. My question is is there a way to save this
   to read in another editor? If I forward the message it can be read
   OK, but not if saved. Does the forward just bypass edwin altogether
   using the message on the server and that's why it works?

How are you saving it and how are you reading it?  If you write the
message body with `w', you should get a plain text file with exactly
the encoding the message sender specified.  Of course, the text editor
with which you open it will have to guess the encoding correctly since
plain text files have no metadata.