mldonkey-devel

Re: [Mldonkey-devel] mlMac

From: b8_bavard
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-devel] mlMac
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 17:30:21 +0100

Hi,

>  - Why doesn't mlnet give the MD4 for other networks than edonkey ? I'd
>  like to get it so as to find the file for preview..

Indeed, the md4 is not enough to identify a file on other nets. We
need another URI per file. Why is it used for preview ? What you want
is the name of the file on the disk ?

>  - Availability isn't functionnal for networks other than edonkey..
>  Chunks neither..

Yes, I add to TODO

>  - On FastTrack, sometimes when you start to download, the speed is
>  decent and then just stop. If you relaunch the download from the
>  results, the previous download restart, and the new one just stall and
>  can be deleted. The first download then stops again, etc..

You mean that the same result appears twice in the download list ? For
the speed, I don't know. It's mainly because we don't reconnect
immediatly (there is a delay between reconnections), so if you restart
the download, you force a reconnect.

>  - Gnutella2 doesn't work for Mac (Tiger Tree problem..)

I need more details about that. Why doesn't Tigertree work on Mac ?

>  - Number of locations and number of clients doesn't work at all.

Yes, sources are sent lazily, so that the GUI learns about new sources
only when their status is modified.

>  - When commiting, some files containing some special charactères may
>  fail to be moved to the incoming folder (log says mv error)

We need to implement a filename translation function, that removes
special characters... and could be configurable.

- b8_bavard (mldonkey)
Homepage: http://www.mldonkey.net/