mldonkey-devel

Re: [Mldonkey-devel] mldonkey/distrib/TODO and GUI

From: b8_bavard
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-devel] mldonkey/distrib/TODO and GUI
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 17:36:15 +0100

>  Hi all,
>
>  First of all nice to see that mldonkey is still alive and all these
>  people being seething with excitement.
>
>  This thread is mainly addressed to the mldonkey developer(s) but
>  everybody is welcome to participate.
>
>  Further to your message in the users mailing list, I would need to
>  get few clarifications and see what could be the
>  modifications/improvements (during my spare time that is currently
>  so short :) ) in the newgui and try to keep some coordination and
>  consistency.
>
>  So let?s start from the TODO file to see what is still applicable
>  (it?s more or less a personal brainstorming).

This is a very long mail... I will try to clean-up the TODO file and
better explain what is written inside...

>  Other Question :
>
>  ------------------
>
>  Protocol 18 :
>
>  What is the use forecast from the new Network flags (in opcode 20)?

The goal is to inform the GUI about informations that are particular
to each network. For example, Virtual networks should not
appear. Networks without Search should not be displayed in the list of
networks on which searches are possible, etc...

For example, we could also add the TAG list per network, so that
columns for these tags are only displayed if one of the result
contains such a tag.

- Fabrice