Re: [Mldonkey-users] speedup distribution of rare files [Was: Re: How t

From: Christian Brandt
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] speedup distribution of rare files [Was: Re: How to fight abuse of mldonkey]
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 02:37:43 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 4. September 2002 22:32 schrieben Sie:

> Full Ack. But how about going one step further:  If you could give
> priority to some files you are sharing you would speedup the spreeding
> of rare files.

 There is a simpler approach to this:

 Instead of one big queue for all requests use one queue for each file

 Files on Disk:

 Very-Rare.rar
 Highavailable.avi

 Single-Queue:
 Highavailable.avi Highavailable.avi Highavailable.avi Highavailable.avi
Highavailable.avi Very-Rare.rar Highavailable.aviHighavailable.avi

 So Rare gets done very late.

 Multi-Queue for Very-Rare.rar: Very-Rare.rar
 Multi-Queue for Highavailable.avi: Highavailable.avi Highavailable.avi
Highavailable.avi Highavailable.avi Highavailable.avi Highavailable.avi

 So the single requestor of Very-Rare.rar gets the same bandwidth like all
requestors of Highavailable.avi.

 One may tweak here and there but basically its possible to make Rare Files
behave different, e.g. spead MUCH better than Highavailable or just
alittebit better...

--
Christian Brandt

 life is short and in most cases it ends with death
 but my tombstone will carry the hiscore