Re: How to fight abuse of mldonkey [Was: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Emule]

From: Raimund Rau
Subject: Re: How to fight abuse of mldonkey [Was: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Emule]
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:09:59 +0200

Hi,

From: Goswin Brederlow <address@hidden>
>I'm thinking about a monetary system.

Absolutely nothing!
What do you want to achieve with it?
I agree that one has to fight 0-upload windows hacked clients, BUT
every leecher that doesn't share a shit, BUT shares what he is
currently downloading is an improvement! I think we don't gain much
with such a monetary system, ppl will share popular files to get
credits and thats about it, rare files will be doomed and so the
quality of the whole network will suffer (availability and
selectability).