[Mldonkey-users] Feature: Who has this file too

From: Andreas Weigl
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Feature: Who has this file too
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 22:55:24 +0200

Hi

I don't know if this feature is implemented.

What abaut a flag "Tell me who has this file too" when  I request a file from
a client. The client can tell me from who he is dowloading this file and who
is already dowloading this file. So i can connect to these other clients and
try to get chunks from them.

The cool thing about this is, that I dont have to ask a server for more
Sources. My Client sets this Flag as long as i dont have reached the
max_sources_per_file. The other Client can even tell me who has the file if
he has no slots free.

For example only one client has a file and one client is already downloading
this file. When i request the file from one of them, i dont have to find the
other, because they tell me there is another client.

Andreas