Re: [Mldonkey-users] feature suggestion: forward error correction

From: Christian Brandt
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] feature suggestion: forward error correction
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 03:12:19 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 5. September 2002 12:26 schrieben Sie:

> Why should that increase bandwith? Now you need X blocks for a
> file. With FEC you still need X blocks for a file. The only thing that
> grows is the block list each client has.

 Ok, you got me :-)

 You are right, why download more than those junks needed to do a partial
reconstruction? Well, some good mathematics should now do a complete check
of the factors if this really helps the case or just makes it complicated.
There is surelly no trivial way to prove efficency for this as it also
depends a lot on the actual implementation.

--
Christian Brandt

 life is short and in most cases it ends with death
 but my tombstone will carry the hiscore