Re: [Mldonkey-users] mldonkey freeze my dsl modem

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] mldonkey freeze my dsl modem
Date: 08 Sep 2002 15:09:13 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> Hi all,
> Mldonkye freezes my dsl modem, i've tryed to limit download bandwith but
> nothing is changed.
> The dsl modem is a Ericsson HM220dp.
> The freeze come up after about 40-50 minutes of a good download
> (~40-50KB/s).
> The upload limit is 15KB/s (but i dont think is important), what can i do ?
> If the download is low i've not problems.
> bye.

Are you sure its the download? A high upstream on dsl greatly reduces
the downstream. With ~18KB/s upstream the downstream goes down to
~1KB/s.

Also pppoe has bug that makes pppoe quit when there are to many
packets to send, i.e. if mldonkey runs and fills the upstream
completly.  You should see that in your syslog and after that you
won't be able to reconnect for a few minutes.

Debian has a fixed pppoe in sid and the patch is on bugs.debian.org if
you have non-debian but still broken pppoe.

MfG
        Goswin