Re: [Mldonkey-users] mldonkey freeze my dsl modem

From: idasarag
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] mldonkey freeze my dsl modem
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 23:18:26 +0200

* Goswin Brederlow <address@hidden> [080902, 15:09]:
> address@hidden writes:
>
> > bye.

Hi Goswin :)

> Are you sure its the download?

nop! :-))

> A high upstream on dsl greatly reduces
> the downstream.

i know it.

> With ~18KB/s upstream the downstream goes down to
> ~1KB/s.
>
> Also pppoe has bug that makes pppoe quit when there are to many
> packets to send, i.e. if mldonkey runs and fills the upstream
> completly.

yes it's true, the problem is upstream!
i tryed to reduce upstream limit to 10KB/s and 0KB/s (nolimit) in downstream
and now the problem is disappeared!
Now my upload is ~10KB and ~80KB with download.

> You should see that in your syslog and after that you
> won't be able to reconnect for a few minutes.

No, i havent seen any errors in /var/log/syslog (may be i've to set
verbose in the option), but yes i have found
some problems to reconnect for few minutes after the freeze.
I must reset the modem 4 or 5 times.

> Debian has a fixed pppoe in sid and the patch is on bugs.debian.org if
> you have non-debian but still broken pppoe.

i've woody but i'll upgrade to sid.

> MfG
>         Goswin

Thanks Friend :)