Re: [Mldonkey-users] cancel file doesn't cancle with donkey-core

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] cancel file doesn't cancle with donkey-core
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:01:46 +0200 (CEST)

>  I was debugging the file querying code from donkey and I noticed that
>  files I canceled still get queried. It looks like they don't get
>  removed from the list of files.

OK, I will have a look at that.

I've read your discussions on the Debian-Ocaml-Maint list, and I have
to say that you will get a problem trying to build a portable bytecode
version of mldonkey: mldonkey uses C functions for some tasks, such as
md4 computation and interaction with the select system call. These are
compiled into architecture dependant files, that are then linked to
the bytecode using the -custom flag. Without these functions, you
might be able to compile a bytecode-only version (the compiler may
assume that you will provide these functions in a shared lib latter),
but it will never run on any architecture, because these C functions
will not be available.

So, you will probably have to compile native-code versions of mldonkey
for all architectures where ocamlopt is supported, and bytecode
versions with -custom for each other architecture...

Regards,

- MLDonkey

PS: I removed the AC_CHECK_PROG(OCAMLOPT, ocamlopt, ocamlopt) by
mistake when I added the check for ocamldep, I will add it again :)

PS bis: is there a tool to generate .deb files from a specification
  file ? Is it possible to convert .deb into .rpm ?