Re: [Mldonkey-users] age and last seen columns for the gui

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] age and last seen columns for the gui
Date: 13 Sep 2002 19:06:04 +0200

Falk Hueffner <address@hidden> writes:

> Goswin Brederlow <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >          - only donwload files with all chunks seen at least once
>
> This would likely slow down propagation of new files when the original
> uploader has a slow or seldom online link. I think it is OK as a
> priority criterion, but not as K.O.-criterion.

The chunks have to bee seen but don't need to be online.  There is one
array that count how many clinets that I know have a chunk
(availability) and one having the last time any client had that chunk
(but the client might be long gone).

If you've seen the uploader once you mldonkey will keep gathering all
the chunks it can, but only if you've seen him once.

So the speed doesn't count here but the being seldom online can slow
you down at first. But considering the amount of bad files this realy
helps.

MfG
        Goswin