[Mldonkey-users] best way to start mldonkey (linux)

From: Gonzo
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] best way to start mldonkey (linux)
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 16:10:11 +0200

Hello mldonkey users,

I'd like to run mldonkey 1.99 permanently on my linux machine. Could
somebody give some advice on this topic?

i thought about 2 ways:

1) startproc -u 90 -g 90 -l /var/log/mldonkey.log /usr/.../mldonkey
where mldonkey shoulg get uid and gid 90, which is reserved for
mldonkey. somehow it always quits with a fatal error: exeption
sys_error ("log.0: permission denied") although the file belongs to
user and group 90 and should be writeable.

2) start mldonkey via cron jobs. maybe even better than starting on
reaching the runlevel, because i've read that mldonkey runs into
problems after some hours/days, and the machine should be up all time.

any thoughts on this, or better ideas?
please help :)

--
tia, Gonzo