Re: [Mldonkey-users] Connecting to OpenNapster/Soulseek/OpenFT/Audiogala

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Connecting to OpenNapster/Soulseek/OpenFT/Audiogalaxy
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 19:10:18 +0200 (CEST)

>  i´ve disabled all p2p options and i´m wondering why i never got a connect to
>  the networks described in the subject. View all servers shows servers from
>  donkey/DirectConnect/Limewire and Napster and i get connections to
>  Donkey/DirectConnect and Limewire. However, i never got an connect to any
>  OpenNapster server.
>
>  Audiogalaxy/OpenFT and Soulseek never show up in the list of servers. I´ve
>  created accounts on Audiogalaxy and Soulseek and put the data into the ini
>  files. Audiogalaxy shows up in the download windows as "new proxy test".

I have not checked all the network for a while, but I know that OpenFT
is evolving very fast, so that mldonkey support for it might be
already obsolete. For Audiogalaxy, there are no servers, everything is
controled on their WEB server. For soulseek, the default server
(nikita) is down, but another one is automatically downloaded from
their WEB site: you must enable it once, wait for it to download the
page, the disable it, and re-enable it. This time, the downloaded
server will be used as the default server, and it should work :)

For OpenNapster, I don't know. Mldonkey has currently no upload
support, so that some server admins decided to block mldonkey clients.
But I don't think it is the real reason:  most OpenNapster servers are
completely overloaded by people, so that it is very hard to get a
slot...

- MLDonkey