Re: [Mldonkey-users] Some features and debianization

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Some features and debianization
Date: 05 Oct 2002 22:41:05 +0200

Frank Scherthan <address@hidden> writes:

> Goswin Brederlow schrieb:
> > Hi,
> > I just posted a patch to http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/index.php
>
> First of all, I like a lot of the features. Seems to be a good way to
> find better sources, but the link you post here is wrong:
>
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?group=mldonkey
>
> or to go ther direct:
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=553&group_id=1409
>
> or to see the patch right away:
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/download.php?id=553

mea culpa. galeon did display the wrong url at the top somehow. Are
they using frames?

> I would like to see these features in CVS , but I also would like to
> have a mechanism (config) to toggle the changes on/off...

You can toggle the columns already so thats covered.

The querying stuff should be non optional since that just wastes the
servers (and for you more importantly) your bandwith.

Downloading a file only after you've seen it once is a protection
against broken files. Quiet a lot of files are incomplete in the
donkey network and will most liekly never complete even in month.
Implementing a "force" option is not realy high on my todo list since
I see no point in it. Downloading an incomplete only spreads it around
further without making it more complete.

Anything I forgot?

Before this can go into the CVS the other cores have to be changed to
support age and last_seen, since I changed the overall File_impl type
to include that, so if you use something other than donkey please
compile and fix the errors and add a patch. Its betterif someone does
it that can test it.

MfG
        Goswin