Re: [Mldonkey-users] Searching files probleme

From: Rainer Krauss
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Searching files probleme
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 13:11:14 +0200

Hi Gregory,

Monday, October 7, 2002, Gregory wrote:

G> I have problem with searching files in current CVS mldonkey, and also
previous CVS versions.
G> When i search a movie, the results returned are lots of video files but not
mine. For exemple if i search "courtemanche" it returns movies like "lilo &
stich", "rush hour 2", etc. So i have to
G> download files with ed2k links.

A file can be shared with different names - for example:

"foobar.avi [=-SHARED BY FOOBAR.FOO=-]"
"foo bar.avi"
"The main Foo and his Bar.avi DivX"
"This name is done by a Faker.zip"

I dont know how mldonkey interprets which name to display, but
obviously it displays only one of them and when you search for
"foobar" it could be that instead of "foobar.avi [=-SHARED BY
FOOBAR.FOO=-]" mldonkey will show you "This name is done by a
Faker.zip"

At the moment, after starting a download i wait some minutes,
do a "save" and then check "files.ini" if it looks like a fake.
(I would love if "vd [num]" would show all filenames but i am too bad
at ocaml for that)