Re: [Mldonkey-users] Searching files probleme

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Searching files probleme
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 14:33:37 +0200 (CEST)

>  I have problem with searching files in current CVS mldonkey, and
>  also previous CVS versions.  When i search a movie, the results
>  returned are lots of video files but not mine. For exemple if i
>  search "courtemanche" it returns movies like "lilo & stich", "rush
>  hour 2", etc. So i have to download files with ed2k links.

As already said, a md4 can have different corresponding filenames, and
mldonkey only display one of them in the GUI (the web interface should
display all of them, no ?).

Another possibility is that you have "search on overnet" enabled, since
overnet is only able to search for one word, it might reply to
"courtemanche avi" with all files containing "avi".

Clearly, mldonkey should implement a filter on replies, to correct
this behavior (it would be particularly useful on gnutella also).

Finally, "vd <n>" will display all the filenames in the next release
(implemented yesterday)...

- MLDonkey