[Mldonkey-users] Re: CVS update 20 minutes ago, Beta8+6

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: CVS update 20 minutes ago, Beta8+6
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 09:00:01 +0200

Goswin Brederlow <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sven Hartge <address@hidden> writes:
>> [Please don't CC me, I am subscribed to the list, Thank you.]

>> Could the please be a command to mass-disconnect all servers, this would
>> be very handy after one got a new IP.

> Maybe changing client_ip should do that or resent its client info to
> all conected servers (and thereby triggering a reconnect). No reason
> to not tell the servers about a new client_ip.

If your IP changed, you cannont send to the servers anymore using the
old tcp-socket, since it already died because the line was disconnected
(by my ISP).

So better drop all tcp-connections and reconnect properly.

But maybe I am missing something special in the edonkey/overnet protocol
here.

S°

--
BOFH excuse #227: