[Mldonkey-users] md4sum (ed2k links)

From: Steffen Solyga
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] md4sum (ed2k links)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 20:39:35 +0100

Hi all,

some weeks ago I was looking for a tool calculating the ed2k link
for a give file (actually that's why I subscribed to this list),
and I was pointed to ed2k_hash (http://users.aber.ac.uk/tpm01/ed2k_tools/).
However, ed2k_hash doesn't work the way I wanted. So I wrote md4sum
(http://www-tet.ee.tu-berlin.de/solyga/linux/) which does nearly
the same as md5sum but it's based on the md4 algorithm. With the
special eDonkey flag -e it outputs ed2k-link(s).
Feel free to download and use it.

PS: There's a (very rarely encountered) bug in ed2k_hash. If the
file size equals an integer multiple of the donkey blocksize,
the number of blocks is too large by 1 yielding a wrong
checksum. I accidently implemented it the same way :-)
But it's fixed now (checked against mldonkey's md4s).

Steffen Solyga
mail: address@hidden
www : http://www-tet.ee.TU-Berlin.DE/solyga/