Re: [Mldonkey-users] settings for remote http interface?

From: tarasiewicz
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] settings for remote http interface?
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:09:46 +0100

thanks to everyone who replied on my mail.

>you need to set the 'allowed_ips'-option to '255.255.255.255'.
>then you have telnet,http,gui-access from everywhere.

super, after changing in the downloads.ini file, everything was working fine
for me.

>Are you talking about redirecting the http interface to run on port
>80, so it is accessible as
>
>http://yourdomain/mldonkey ?

cool, thanks for the hint. wasn't exactly my problem, but it's a good thing
anyway ;)

but still there are some problems with the web gui
- how do i commit changes in the options of the http interface? somehow if i
close the window, it will not save changes (normally, because there is no
general form-submit)
but why would the option boxes be changeable then?

general question:
which applications would you suggest to additionally run server-side, if i want
to spread files as wide as possible?
i am working on a project where we want to feature videos and material from
artists who want to make their work accessible to a large audience. therefor we
are trying to set up a bunch of filesharing-tools running server-side.
which tools you would run in addition to mldonkey, and what hints can you give
me to reach every filesharing-network?

thanks,
matthias