Re: [Mldonkey-users] memory leak - any help available?

From: MLDonkey User
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] memory leak - any help available?
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 22:46:31 +0100 (CET)

Well, I was not sending any additional bug report to the developers
as it seems that some others reported the same bug before (as one of the
list members mentioned, too)
So the thing is just to wait and sit until the developers fix the problem.

what i simply dont understand is: if this huge mem consumption is
caused by the mass of client contacts, why dont most of the mldonkey
users have this problem. the answer cannot be that they d/l files with
less sources. im quite sure that most of the users download common files,
too.

> Next thing i'll try is a cron job removing mldonkey after 4 hours and
> restarting ...

well, seems like that is the only solution to keep mldonkey alive, yet

> Is there any hope that the memory leak of mldonkey will be fixed soon?

well, im not familiar with how much people actively develop mldonkey.
hope one of them hears our crying :)

regards,
saw