Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: mldonkey eating up all memory again

From: Steffen Solyga
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: mldonkey eating up all memory again
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 22:44:23 +0100

Citing Sven Hartge (Thursday, 2002/11/21 23:24)...

> Nope. I set it to 6kbit/s and it never uses more than this. The graphs
> from donitor show the same: straight line at 6kbit/s.
> I seem to be very lucky ;)

Made the same experiences; the hard upload rate setting works
perfectly, even when running a server additionally!

> Maybe, because my downstream is always filled with downloads, mldonkey
> is not able to gather too much sources in a very short time, thus
> avoiding the bug to trigger.

Well, I've had downloads with more than 2000 sources -- it worked
fine -- after patching the original ocaml tarball :-)

Steffen Solyga
mail: address@hidden
www : http://www-tet.ee.TU-Berlin.DE/solyga/