Re: [Mldonkey-users] Investigation: No download for some, full download

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Investigation: No download for some, full downloads for the other
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 12:46:36 +0100

>  > - connected clients: the clients that we are trying to connect, or
>  >   that we are still connected with. Those clients would be the only sources
>  >   displayed for the files as "sources" in the GUI, and they would use
>  >   big data structures compared to other sources.
>
>  What about the connects to eMules where we stand at Rank >1000 in the
>  queue? I wish I could remove those sources because at times I would
>  get an upload slot my provider disconnected me.

OK, we can change the scheme just a bit to handle that case:
we have "good sources" for clients where we want a chunk, and we are
not too far in the queue, and "bad sources" for both the former
"concurrent sources" and those eMule clients where we are too far in
the queue.

The main difference would be that good sources have to be connected
often (every 10 minutes say), while bad sources would be connected
much less often (every hour for example).

Should we start implementing this new scheme, or somebody has another
proposal (or wants to keep the old system) ?

- MLDonkey