Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Investigation: No download for some, full down

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Investigation: No download for some, full downloads for the other
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 16:45:57 +0100

>  Improvements or new ideas are always good, but please leave the old
>  system in place, so one can switch between the two. This also would make
>  debugging and benchamrking the two methods easier, IMHO.

Well, there are places in the code where this would be easy to do. It
was done for the upload system for example. But, source management is
pretty distributed in many places in the sources. It is almost
impossible to do, if we want the code to be easy to understand. The
best we can do is to tag the new version has unstable until it becomes
clear it is better (or not).

- MLDonkey