[Mldonkey-users] pthread MD4 hashing bug ?

From: Lionel Bouton
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] pthread MD4 hashing bug ?
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 12:11:43 +0100

Hi,

it seems there's a bug in MD4 hashing when it is done in a separate thread.
Usually I rarely see files going past the 100% downloaded mark. IIRC these files had bad chunks that had to be re-downloaded. With a pthread enabled 2.02-21, several files at once went past the 100% mark, some even hitting 120 to 130% (on 700MB sized files). "Verify chunks" did reset the downloaded amount to the real one, but these files went past the 100% again. As I never had these amounts of bad chunks before, I suspected a problem in MD4 hashing in a separate thread. I disabled pthread support, recompiled mldonkey and restarted with the new binary. All these downloads reached their end without me witnessing an "over 100%" downloaded percentage again.

LB.