Re[2]: [Mldonkey-users] 2.02.21: compile error / errors in .ini-files

From: payday
Subject: Re[2]: [Mldonkey-users] 2.02.21: compile error / errors in .ini-files
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 15:50:44 +0100

Hello MLdonkey,

Saturday, March 1, 2003, 1:04:34 PM, MLdonkey wrote:
>>  However the new version still doesn't like my old file_sources.ini.
>>  I deleted it and mldonkey worked as expected.
>>  Still it would help a lot if the line that causes the phrase error in
>>  the ini file would be displayed together with the error.

M> Strange. There is no reason why this could happen, the
M> file_sources.ini format has not changed recently. However, your
M> file_sources.ini file seems very big: is the pos indicated close to
M> the end of the file ?

M> - MLDonkey

wc says that the file_sources,ini has 639099 lines, 2030060 words and
13034530 chars. Total size is ~12MB. The position indicated was at
about 500.000 so it seems to be somewhere in the middle.
As I said, I don't know if there is a way to find the specific position
in the file (is there a linux tool for that?).
Don't worry to much about that since I seem to be the only one having
this problem and everything works fine since I deleted
file_sources.ini.
Anyway, I think it would be nice to have the broken line of the config
file echoed together with the error message and maybe even the line
number, if that is possible.

--
Best regards,
 payday                            mailto:address@hidden