Re: [Mldonkey-users] guptime bug

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] guptime bug
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 08:12:00 +0100

>  I use -23.  The way in which the guptime variable was rewritten
>  (from stats.ini) has it being added to itself on each save, which
>  incorrectly has it increasing to often.

As far as I understand, there is still a bug: in
donkeyComplexOptions.ml, in function save, the line

  guptime =:= !!guptime + (last_time () - start_time);

should be replaced by:

  guptime =:= !!guptime + (last_time () - start_time) - !diff_time;

so that it only adds the increment after the last save.

>  Maybe the rest is wrong too?  I didn't look. But it used to work...

I cannot test it here, but I think the rest was fixed in -23.

>  It was originally written so global's would only be loaded once and
>  remain static, but on each save the static globals would be added
>  to the dynamic session values to produce valid saved values.

Well, personnally, I like the Options format, and it merges better
like that with other stuff. But your patch did introduce a link
between DriverInteractive and DonkeyStats, which broke the plugin
architecture (plugins should not be refered directly from the
common/driver modules), and I think it is the reason why it was
modified like that. I hope the above fix works, and that -24 will come
soon ...

- MLDonkey