[Mldonkey-users] 2.02-25

From: Sergio Bayarri Gausi
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] 2.02-25
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 23:54:05 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

I've just started new cvs version 2.02-25 and I noticed several new

<       (* Set this to true if you want to have dynamic upload slot allocation
(experimental) *)
<  dynamic_slots = false

I understand this one, as it has been discussed many times on the list.

<       (* Set the maximal rank of a client to be kept as a client *)
<  good_client_rank = 500

This is new, what happens if we get a rank > good_client_rank? Is the
client "banned" (as we did several versions ago), ignored, or put in
less-priority queue marked a "not-so-good" client?

<       (* Maximal number of incoming connections at any moment (default 10000
= unlimited :) *)
<  max_indirect_connections = 10000

I don't understand what this is used for :(

<       (* Should mldonkey try to detect sources responsible for corruption and
ban them *)
<  trusted_sources = false

Ah, this is what we discussed earlier today. Nice to see it's being
implemented. I left it to the default ("false") because I don't know if it
works well, or if it's still experimental.

On the other hand, I have a question about upgrading mldonkey. I use to
follow these steps:

1. I download the new version from cvs
2. I build it
3. I stop the running mldonkey
4. I install the new version built (distrib folder, binaries)
5. I copy *.ini to the new version directory
6. I start the new cvs version

Is it recommended to delete the old file_sources.ini file? What happens if
less than min_reask_delay seconds pass between step 3 and 6? Will the old
sources be reasked on mldonkey startup? Would I be banned because I'm
reasking the sources too early?

By the way, I had min_reask_delay = 720, but with 2.02-25 the default
value (enforced with the first run) is 600... Isn't 600 seconds too close
to the limit (for example, in Emule)?

Greetings,

Sergio