[Mldonkey-users] 2.02-28 doesn't search for new sources enough

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] 2.02-28 doesn't search for new sources enough
Date: 07 Mar 2003 11:03:15 +0100

Hi,

I finaly updated my mldonkey deb (deb ftp://mrvn.homeip.net/ sid main)
and lost all partially downloaded data because I forgot to update the
./temp link. So now I did a recover_temp and waited for all the md4s
to become filenames again.

Older versions opened up something like 800 connects within minutes
probing for the files. The current cvs on the other hand started with
~150 connects and hasn't gone over 300 connects in the last 12
hours. I also see an average udp rate of 4.23 Byte/s during the last 6
hours. But a lot of files are still only known by their md4sum.

So what do i make of this? mldonkey doesn't seem to query any more
servers for new sources on the files even though he has many files
with 0 sources. The few files with many sources seem to prevent it
from asking servers for new sources.

I'm using source management 3, which should be seperate queues for
each file, right? So why doesn't it recognise the lack of sources for
files and flood all servers with queries (1 every 20 minute)?

MfG
        Goswin